Did you know…
- One person in the United States develops Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) every 65 seconds.
- Alzheimer’s disease, the sixth leading cause of death.
- 5.8 million Americans are living with AD, with this number expected to reach 14 million by the year 2050.
- Deaths from AD increased by 145 percent between 2000 to 2017
- Approximately one in three seniors (65 years or older) die from AD or some form of dementia, more than breast and prostate cancer combined.
- There is currently NO EFFECTIVE TREATMENT for this devastating disease.
For more information on Alzheimer’s disease, see this Brain Talks article: A Beginner’s Guide to Alzheimer’s Disease.
Part of my master’s thesis was showing the benefits of melatonin, in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Today, I’m going to share a bit of that information with all of you. There’s a lot of information, so, I’ve decided to break this into a…
View original post 1,332 more words