Police tested for about six poisons, none of them 1080, and then “had the effrontery” to tell him this was not a death by 1080 poison.
[Remember this is the 2006 story concerning the loss by a NZ laboratory of the heart of a young woman who was a suspected victim of 1080 poisoning while tramping in the South Island. His statement also explains the reticence of any laboratory that does test for 1080 in disclosing their identity. EWR.
By Carol Sawyer
Last year I met with retired Dunedin GP, Kevin Shannon, still fit and tall and travelling the world at the age of 87. Kevin (who gave a submission at the ERMA Review 2007, on the case of the death of a female tramper in the link below), is of the opinion that:
…some New Zealanders, no-one knows how many, will have died of heart attacks due to undetected Compound 1080 (sodium monofluoroacetate).
Kevin added that in this instance the Police tested for about six poisons, none of them 1080, and then “had the effrontery” to tell him this was not a death by 1080 poison.
He told me that no dead body will ever be tested for 1080 in NZ because any pathologist who did so would not have a job for long.
See article here :
RELATED: THE CATCH 22 OF 1080 POISONING IN NZ – AN MD SAYS THERE IS ‘NO EVIDENCE’ OF IT BECAUSE IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE LOOKED FOR
NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO DO AN EPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDY IN NZ TO SEE HOW 1080 POISON MAY BEHAVE IN OUR POPULATIONS LIVING WITHIN THE POISON AND DUST ZONES
“IF YOU DIE FROM 1080 POISONING NOBODY WILL KNOW” … BULLIED DOCTORS ARE NOT DOING THE TESTS … Dr Charles Baycroft
“In case you have any doubt, the MOH and their clerical employees have a great deal of control over our medical professions and they do not take kindly to anyone expressing an opinion that they disagree with. Working Doctors with current practicing certificates have to tread lightly where the MOH and their agendas are concerned.” Dr Charles Baycroft
NB: Exercise the precautionary principle and take extreme care whilst tramping in NZ’s wild places. The Class 1A Ecotoxin 1080 is spread liberally and aerially around NZ’s environment and we are told it is not very harmful to humans. See our page on suspected 1080 poisoning cases.