What a heart breaking story this is. The angst of the families, their loved ones so near yet so very far. Now they plan to seal the mine off. When this story was initially over and we knew there was no hope they would ever emerge from the mine alive, and when reporters began to dig below the surface, so the shocking facts began to emerge. The miners’ working environment had been unsafe for some time. For a thorough exposé of the truth of this whole affair, download and read ‘Murder at Pike River Mine’ by Dr Jacob Cohen. You will not of course find this information in mainstream news. Are you joining any dots?
“The incestuous collusion between corrupt fascist, international corporations, banks, global mining companies and compliant politicians – and how the inexorable love of money by those who run them supersedes everything else”
“What was the real truth behind the Pike River coal mine disaster in NZ killing 29 men? Was the tragedy simply an ‘accident’ or was it premeditated murder? Involving people at the highest level of the NZ Government and international business and banking community? Does this case have implications for the world?”
Dr Jacob Cohen
Below is a video from March 2018 at thisweek.org.uk featuring an interview with Dr Jacob Cohen on topic. It begins with a similar (brief) scenario in Manchester where firefighters (as with Pike River) were forbidden to go to the rescue of possible survivors:
Public Enquiry 23.4K subscribers
Jacob’s book: Murder at Pike River Mine, 2nd edition Jacob Cohen, Tony Gosling, Martin Summers http://www.thisweek.org.uk – 30 March 2018
BELOW ARE UPDATES (NEWEST FIRST):
Pike River: No more Government money for further mine recovery, families accept decision
30 March 2021
The Minister in charge of Pike River won’t consider going further into the mine – a decision that’s been accepted “with heartbreak” by families involved. In a statement on Tuesday morning, the Pike River Family Reference Group said it now accepts official advice going further into the mine would be unsafe and expensive. Twenty-nine men lost their lives in the explosion in 2010, with the search for their remains the centre of an ongoing political battle.
READ MORE: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2021/03/pike-river-no-more-government-money-to-go-further-into-mine-families-accept-decision.html?fbclid=IwAR3qDNA4s_RerAFmo4BboxjFcHi3PL5I_9GEX3NGBJ7Yyp3MQSV3r_rmEog
Pike River mine survivor: ‘there are people in that mine that survived, just like I did’
Nov 14, 2016
“I think they’ve just tried to ease us into it by delaying it and pushing it back and back year after year. They’re just kicking us in the guts once more.”
There is no doubt in Daniel Rockhouse’s mind that he and Russell Smith were not the only two who survived the first Pike River mine explosion.
Rockhouse made his way out of the mine after a methane blast on November 19, 2010, dragging Smith with him.
The friends were the only two men who came out alive after the explosion ripped through the West Coast coal mine, leaving 29 trapped inside – where they remain today.
He calls Solid Energy’s plans to permanently plug the mine with concrete “disgusting”.
Rockhouse said the fight for answers had been traumatising, stressful and emotional – to the point where he had stepped away. But his mother continued to battle.
Court declines Pike River families’ review bid
27 November 2015
He had faced 12 health and safety charges relating to the deaths of 29 men after a series of explosions at the West Coast coal mine five years ago.
Two women who lost family members in the disaster had asked the court to review the decision by Worksafe New Zealand not to offer any evidence on the charges.
Anna Osborne, whose husband was killed in the mine blast, and Sonya Rockhouse, whose son died, were assisted in their legal bid by the Council of Trade Unions (CTU).
The Official Story: http://pikeriver.royalcommission.govt.nz/