A new report out of TEPCO and the various parties involved in decommissioning documents that 15 workers from Fukushima Daiichi have developed cancer.
READ FULL ARTICLE AT THE LINK
Photo: video screen shot (not the workers mentioned)
Last week saw devastating floods in the town of Edgecumbe in the beautiful Bay of Plenty. Heartfelt sympathies to all who have been affected by this carnage. I was living in that region during the 2004 floods so saw the devastation then myself. Fortunately we lived on higher ground so were unaffected.
Further down the page is a link to a Give a Little campaign for those affected recently.
It seems little known that back in 1945 plans for subdivision in Edgecumbe were declined by the Dept of Lands because the area would always be subject to flooding they said ….
“…the township of Edgecumbe will be subject always to serious and dangerous flood hazard”.
Read the article archived at the National Library NZ
However opponents to that advice or ruling won the day as can be seen in the article and the town was built.
I’ve gathered together here a few articles on the topic and note the frequent reference to Edgecumbe being flood prone but nowhere can I see any reference to the advice of the Department of Lands back in 1945 to not build there.
Everyone has been told to leave. People are being evacuated from the Bay of Plenty town of Edgecumbe where the Rangitaiki River has breached, flowing into the township.
READ MORE (pictures of flooding included)
Edgecumbe’s flood has been identified as the greatest flood on record – but is it truly “a 500-year flood”, as has been suggested?
Bay of Plenty Regional Council made the claim after the Rangitaiki River burst through stopbanks designed for a one-in-100 year flood event, gushing into hundreds of homes and forcing 1600 people to evacuate.
Though the weather has cleared, houses remain sodden and filled with mud, and some will be condemned due to structural damage. Residents will be allowed to return briefly to fetch necessities, but it could be up to 10 days before many occupants can go home to inspect the damage and find out what they’ve lost.
Hundreds of displaced Edgecumbe residents stormed out of a public meeting as fraying tempers tipped over into anger on Saturday night.
Bleachers were packed with families, children, and elderly, many hugging and comforting each other as the meeting endured and officials appeared to fail to answer the more pressing questions.
The crowd frequently heckled the speakers, often appearing enraged.
“We are on a path for solutions in the long term.
He says there are no funding issues related to national disaster recovery, despite New Zealand’s particularly bad decade.
“We don’t let funding get in the way of providing the support that’s needed by the households, the businesses, and the farms, to a reasonable level, to help them get them back on their feet.”
Whakatane Mayor Tony Bonne says there will be a full investigation to why the flooding protection system didn’t work and what can be done in the future to prevent this from happening again.
Bill says given the destruction there is bound to be a lot of opinions but there needs to be a full understanding of a town that is on a flood plain.
Edgecumbe lies on a flood plain and an active seismic zone.
The township and the surrounding area has an unenviable history of natural disasters: quakes, floods, and debris flows.
Many parts of the plains are below sea level.
Here is a link to the Give a Little page for help for families affected in this event…
This Mayoral Flood Appeal fund has been launched to support families & individuals through the recovery phase following the 6/4 flood event.
It’s been an eventful week nobody could argue, and an equally as eventful time since the very large quake that rattled NZ last month on November 14th. What to make of it all?
Then last weekend we had Gerry Brownlee advising us to be prepared for a major quake and yesterday along with the PM’s shock announcement, the equally esteemed economist Shamubeel Eaqub (the one of ‘zombie towns have to die’ Agenda 21 renown) is hinting that the housing bubble could be set to burst. They were talking about this back in June. So what’s really going on here? In my humble opinion it all has a very suspicious smell to it.
On the quake topic, a trusted friend recently told me
“…a mate of mine’s husband is a first responder, he was called by his team leader 2 days before Gerry Brownlee got this out in the media, and told to triple his first aid kits and to prepare his family’s emergency kit…”
There is a man who gave folks a heads up on the last quake (Nigel Gray, an unassuming painter and decorator from the Hawke’s Bay who has been documenting geoengineering and weather modification) drawing world wide attention to Kiwiland. He has indicated we should be on the alert next week either side of 13.12.2016.
Note mainstream originally debunked him … until he drew global attention, then they did an about turn. Typically of media, and not surprising in that he has drawn attention to geoengineering, something our government admits is a scientific practice, but deny is happening here.
So basically I’m not taking any chances, as neither we should in light of Brownlee’s warning even. We need to be prepared in any event so stay safe people and get your emergency back up plan ready. Just in case.
Earthquake Prediction Goes Viral: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/the-country/news/article.cfm?c_id=16&objectid=11756897
Supermoon: Man’s Earthquake Prediction Debunked: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11747602
‘Be Prepared for a Major Earthquake’: Gerry Brownlee Warns Kiwis: https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/33380885/be-prepared-for-a-major-earthquake-gerry-brownlee-warns-kiwis-as-slow-slips-between-tectonic-plates-detected/?cmp=st#page1
NZ Has Zombie Towns That Need to Close: https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/nz-has-zombie-towns-need-close-—-economist-ns-159124
Nation of Debt: Ready, Set, Crash – Could NZ be the Next to Fall?: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/personal-finance/news/article.cfm?c_id=12&objectid=11653661
Blowing Bubbles: Bubbles are Normal and Rational and then they Pop – Shamubeel Eaqub: http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opinion-analysis/87130093/shamubeel-eaqub-bubbles-are-normal-and-rational-and-then-they-pop
What a heart breaking story this is. The angst of the families, their loved ones so near yet so very far. Now they plan to seal the mine off. When this story was initially over and we knew there was no hope they would ever emerge from the mine alive, and when reporters began to dig below the surface, so the shocking facts began to emerge. The miners’ working environment had been unsafe for some time. For a thorough exposé of the truth of this whole affair, download and read ‘Murder at Pike River Mine’ by Dr Jacob Cohen. You will not of course find this information in mainstream news. Are you joining any dots?
“The incestuous collusion between corrupt fascist, international corporations, banks, global mining companies and compliant politicians – and how the inexorable love of money by those who run them supersedes everything else”
“What was the real truth behind the Pike River coal mine disaster in NZ killing 29 men? Was the tragedy simply an ‘accident’ or was it premeditated murder? Involving people at the highest level of the NZ Government and international business and banking community? Does this case have implications for the world?”
Dr Jacob Cohen
Download pdf file at the link: murderatpikerivermine
Below is the latest in the ongoing ordeal for the families.
Nov 14, 2016
“I think they’ve just tried to ease us into it by delaying it and pushing it back and back year after year. They’re just kicking us in the guts once more.”
There is no doubt in Daniel Rockhouse’s mind that he and Russell Smith were not the only two who survived the first Pike River mine explosion.
Rockhouse made his way out of the mine after a methane blast on November 19, 2010, dragging Smith with him.
The friends were the only two men who came out alive after the explosion ripped through the West Coast coal mine, leaving 29 trapped inside – where they remain today.
He calls Solid Energy’s plans to permanently plug the mine with concrete “disgusting”.
Rockhouse said the fight for answers had been traumatising, stressful and emotional – to the point where he had stepped away. But his mother continued to battle.
27 November 2015
He had faced 12 health and safety charges relating to the deaths of 29 men after a series of explosions at the West Coast coal mine five years ago.
Two women who lost family members in the disaster had asked the court to review the decision by Worksafe New Zealand not to offer any evidence on the charges.
Anna Osborne, whose husband was killed in the mine blast, and Sonya Rockhouse, whose son died, were assisted in their legal bid by the Council of Trade Unions (CTU).
The Official Story: http://pikeriver.royalcommission.govt.nz/