From phiremedical.org (Physicians’ Health Initiative for Radiation and Environment)
Brain tumours have overtaken leukaemia as the leading cause of cancer deaths in children 1 (both are associated with EMR exposure). Children today have an unprecedented exposure that is higher than that experienced any generation before them and they have been shown to absorb more radiation than adults.
A five year old can absorb sixty percent more microwave radiation than an adult 2 and exposures in bone marrow can be up to ten times greater 3. Overall, they are more likely to suffer greater biological effects from EMR exposure because:
- Children’s thinner skulls, and smaller bones allow greater absorption into bone and deeper tissues
- Children’s brains (especially neonates) can have higher water content and so absorb more radiation
- Children are smaller (a relatively higher proportion of their tissues may be closer to a point source) 4 5 6 7
- Children have more vulnerable developing systems (e.g. neurological/reproductive)
- Children have a longer time ahead for latent effects to manifest 8 9 10 11.
First, a very short three minute clip with the essence of the message, a longer lecture in the second if you want more information. There is also a book from the speaker, Dr Robert Thomson. You will find it on the book sites. Info is within the video. Thanks to Marian Sutherland for this information. EnvirowatchRangitikei
Published on Aug 20, 2008
– If you believe that bones are made of calcium, you have subscribed to The Calcium Lie. You’re not alone. Most consumers and, surprisingly, most doctors, believe that bones are made of calcium. Yet any basic biochemistry textbook will tell you the truth: Bones are made of at least a dozen minerals and we need all of them in perfect proportions in order to have healthy bones and healthy bodies. If you get too much calcium, through food sources or by taking supplements, you set yourself up for an array of negative health consequences, including obesity, Type 2 diabetes, Type 2 hypothyroidism, hypertension, depression, problem pregnancies and more. For more information, please visit the Calcium Lie website at: http://www.calciumlie.com/