THE MMR VACCINE – A COMPREHENSIVE OVERVIEW OF THE POTENTIAL DANGERS AND EFFECTIVENESS
The MMR vaccine is an immunization against three viral diseases: measles, mumps, and rubella (German measles) that is scheduled to be given to children 12-15 months old and 4-6 years old. Adults are scheduled to receive 1-2 doses after the age of 19.
The MMR is one of the most controversial vaccines due to claims that it causes autism. While Merck, the MMR II manufacturer, does not list autism as one of the possible side effects of this vaccine, it does list many other serious, adverse reactions. This list includes meningitis, encephalitis, pancreatitis, diabetes, decreased blood platelets, convulsions, seizures, arthritis, bronchial spasm (asthmatic reaction), pneumonia, anaphylactic shock and death. The list also includes many severe illnesses/reactions that are not commonly recognized or understood by the general public. These include:
- Pneumonitis – inflammation of the lungs
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) – a severe, life-threatening disease in which the body attacks the nervous system causing paralysis.
- Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) – a rare, fatal neurological disease
- Encephalopathy – abnormal brain function that may denote structural damage
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM)- a post infection or post vaccine inflammatory demyelinating disease of the central nervous system. (Attacks brain tissues and nerves).
- Transverse myelitis – an inflammatory disease of the spinal cord that causes weakness and loss of sensation and it affects the autonomic nervous system (breathing, the heart, digestion, reflexes).
- Ataxia – lack of control of muscles suggesting brain and nerve damage.
- Polyneuritis – weakness, numbness and pain – nerve damage
- Polyneuropathy – damage to nerves causing tingling and pain that may begin in the hands and feet and spread to other parts of the body and may affect the autonomic nervous system
- Ocular palsies – Damage to the nerves of the eye affecting eye movements, pupil constriction, and eyelid movement often resulting in an inability to focus without double vision.
- Panniculitis – inflammation of the fat layer and connective tissue just under the skin
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome – following a painful rash, the top layer of skin blisters, dies, and sheds.
- Erythema multiforme – skin reaction similar to Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- Nerve deafness – hearing loss and dysfunction.
- Retinitis – damage to the retina causing damage to vision.
- Optic neuritis – inflammation of the optic nerve, which can cause temporary blindness.
- Papillitis – Inflammation of the optic nerve head
- Epididymitis – Inflammation of the tube at the back of the testicle.
- Orchitis – inflammation of the testicles. 1
Of course, less serious reactions also occur including fever, vomiting, swollen glands, diarrhea, rashes, pain and swelling of the injection site, and contracting measles, mumps, or rubella from the vaccine.
What Many Parents Don’t Know About the MMR Vaccine
The list of adverse reactions to the MMR vaccine, straight from Merck’s vaccine package inserts, is long and alarming. A shortened version of the vaccine damage associated with the MMR vaccine includes vomiting, diarrhea, anaphylaxis, ear pain, nerve deafness, diabetes, arthritis, myalgia, encephalitis, febrile seizures, pneumonia, and death. [1, 2]
“In some cases, the vaccine has caused the very diseases it is supposed to prevent … in the United States: over 75,000 adverse events have been reported from any combination of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines”
A search of the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database shows the following statistics from the United States: over 75,000 adverse events have been reported from any combination of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines, including, most notably:
- 78 deaths
- 85 cases of deafness
- 48 cases of decreased eye contact
- 92 cases of developmental delay
- 855 reported cases of autism
- 116 cases of intellectual disability
- 401 reports of speech disorders
- 276 reports of loss of consciousness
- 143 cases of encephalitis
- 74 cases of meningitis
- 111 cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome
The Pregnant Mother Who Declined TDAP Vaccination and Why … You’ll Be Shocked
This came across my path on Facebook today…
This website is for information purposes only and should not to be construed as medical advice. Nor is it intended to be a substitute for advice from a qualified health professional. By providing the information contained herein we are not diagnosing, treating, curing, mitigating, or preventing any type of disease or medical condition.
Any article reproduced here provides general information that may not be relevant or appropriate to any one individual’s personal health needs; before beginning any type of natural, integrative or conventional treatment regimen, it is advisable to seek the advice of a licensed healthcare professional.
With regard to vaccines, we are pro informed choice.