Kelly Klink wrote on
June 20 at 12:38am
1. We delivered documents to the Aotea conservation park advisory committee demanding Ministerial intervention to stop the aerial poisoning drop on Rakitu Island.
2. The Ngāti wai mana whenua collective & the Aotea poison free group are 600 people strong and building. There is an online petition to sign on’Barrier Chitchat”.
3. We are protesting and camping at the Doc station at Okiwi to voice our stand. We will not be moving and we are demanding immediate Ministerial intervention from the following ministers.
4. Eugenie sage (minister of conservation) Marama Davidson (green party co-leader) Nanaia mahuta (minister of Maori development) Shane Jones (minister of regional development & bio-security Kelvin Davis (minister of Maori & crown relations)
5. There are 4 breaches in the following acts that need to be addressed:
Conservation act section2 part4.
Marine & coastal (takutaimoana) area act 2011.
Resource management act.
Te tiriti o Waitangi Article 2.
Note: the aerial poisoning drop on Rakitu Island begins in 3 days 22/5/2018.
We are all in agreement to protest and camp on the Doc station until the ministers come to Aotea to engage with us.
Until that happens we are not moving.
Society for the Protection of Aotea Community and Ecology -Aotea Poison Free and Mana Whenua setting up camp outside DOC offices until the Ministers agree to travel to the Island and meet with our communities and agree to stop the Rakitu Drop . This is day two..Peter Hoey explains
CAN YOU HELP?
Gather up warm socks, beanies and thermals:
and $ to send stickers and HIKOI tees:
so they can ‘BE PART OF THE HIKOI’
at the same time . . . :}
Or send direct to Kelly C/- Port Fitzroy Store
Great Barrier Island.