We’ve seen this before. The joke that Red Cross now is. Dodgy goings on in other disasters where the aid never gets to the affected. I’ve been told it’s now owned by the Rockefellers.
- The Red Cross announced a third of their donated funds have been distributed
- Many bushfire victims are yet to receive anything despite losing everything
- Funds are set to be distributed over three years in ‘tailored recovery programs’
- Bega MP Andrew Constance slammed the Red Cross, saying help is needed now
- ‘Australians donated now so people get help now, not in three years’ – Constance
The Australian Red Cross has revealed it will likely take years for the $95million donated to bushfire victims to reach ravaged communities.
The charity said on Wednesday $30million of its Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund had been allocated to bushfire victims, but many have received nothing.
Robert Gorringe, from Ulmarra in northern New South Wales, told 7News he had been left out the donations that have so far been distributed.
‘They’ve made a lot of promises that they’re going to this, that and the other, but I’ve received nothing,’ Mr Gorringe said.