In September of this year a letter from scientists and professionals was delivered to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, entitled There is No Climate Emergency. The letter points out that:
- Natural as well as anthropogenic factors cause warming.
- Warming is far slower than predicted.
- Climate policy relies on inadequate models.
- CO2 is plant food, the basis of all life on Earth.
- Global warming has not increased natural disasters.
- Climate policy must respect scientific and economic realities, and concludes.
Our advice to political leaders is that science should strive for a significantly better understanding of the climate system, while politics should focus on minimizing potential climate damage by prioritizing adaptation strategies based on proven and echnologies. (The letter is reproduced in full below.)
The Three Forms of ‘Climate Denial’
A ‘comment’ on the letter entitled ‘Climate Change: the Three Forms of Denial‘ recently republished by the New…
View original post 1,849 more words