Mr Kochummen collapsed while calling emergency services for medical help.
Family friend Joji Varghese told Newshub poisoning may have occurred after the victims ate contaminated pig.
“Shibu and some of his friends… went hunting for some wild boar,” he said.
“They cooked and consumed it on Friday evening for dinner. Within half an hour they began throwing up. Shibu tried ringing the emergency services.
“Someone turned up at their door and found all three adults unconscious.”
Mr Varghese says the trio are now in a vegetative state, and doctors are determining the cause of the incident.
Family poisoned with botulism: ‘It’s a very difficult sight’
A family of three who were hospitalised with suspected food poisoning after eating wild boar are being treated for botulism.