So… ahead of the TPP signing on February 4th coming up, we have our corrupt government/corporation ensuring any dissenters to this closing of a secret deal get smartly rapped over the knuckles! or other parts of the body … we have the appearance here of Police State beginnings as per the US of A. The initiators of the said ‘agreement’.
Bryan Bruce has summarized this news item so aptly:
“Negotiate the TPPA deal in secret.
• Refuse to listen to legitimate concerns about the undemocratic process.
• Produce a document that allows multi-national corporations to override our health,environment,employment and copyright laws.
• Invite the co- conspirators to our country to sign the deal close to Waitangi Day ( when we celebrate the founding Treaty of our nation – now seriously undermined by the TPPA).
• Hold the signing in a Casino and not Parliament.
• Bring out the riot squad if anyone objects.
P.S. Oh- and while your at it , make sure you fly that new corporate logo flag on the day the foreign trade ministers get here. We don’t want people looking at our current flag and wondering what happened to the rule of law.” (SOURCE)
Bryan Bruce is an award winning documentary maker and author. You can visit his website here: http://bryanbruce.co.nz/news See his award winning docos ‘Inside Child Poverty’ and ‘Mind The Gap’. Links on his website.
Read the Herald article:
TPP: Police undertake riot training
New Zealand Police have been undertaking mass riot training ahead of the signing of the Trans-Pacific Partnership in Auckland next month.
The trade agreement, that has sparked widespread controversy due to its closed-door negotiations, will be signed by international diplomats on February 4.
Dozens of large-scale protests have been held across the country as the five years of negotiations for the deal came to a close in the US last year.
The Herald understands that increased riot training – officially known as public order training – has been taking place ahead of the signing, as police prepare for more possible civil unrest.
Police Association vice-president Senior Sergeant Luke Shadbolt said that the TPP signing was the focus of annual public order training.
Read More: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11578174
For info and links on the TPPA: https://envirowatchrangitikei.wordpress.com/tppa/